“The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.”_William Morris
Searching the web for a new church home this morning. We need to find a place to Worship and fellowship. Like any search for a home there are boxes that must be checked before we commit to moving in.
1. Jesus must be the FIRST priority (Matthew 6:33)
2. Grace, not legalism, must be the message (Galatians 2:16)
3. Guilt trips must not be part of the message (Romans 8:1)
4. Old folks (like us) must not be shuffled off to the back room, out of the way. (Psalm 103:4-5)
5. Must be a small, but growing, congregation. No more Mega-Churches thanks!
6. We must feel comfortable inviting our friends to join us there.
7. There must be a true sense of “this is it” for both Dick and me.
8. It should probably be within the limits of our city – not several towns away – fog and all makes driving difficult.
Guess that’s not too much to ask. Our devotions this morning came from Jeremiah 32:27,
“Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for Me?”
2 thoughts on “home hunting”
Good post! This is the kind of information that should be distributed on the online community. I would like to read more of this.
Cool blog! I really liked the things to do with the kids, the “Create Critters” and the “Papier Mache”. Thanks for the recipes, they helped out a lot!!
Comments are now closed.