There are so many amazing opportunities on our horizon right now! It’s difficult to even imagine the potential for each of the various openings ahead of us. As a result, we took a few days off this month, just to rest and reevaluate; to prioritize and prayerfully assess each commitment. The question, is this, or that, worthy of the time being spent in preparation and execution? Wow! That sounds awfully high-minded. Didn’t mean to come across that way. Really. But…
Pray about everything. Time flies!
…making the very most of your time [on earth, recognizing and taking advantage of each opportunity and using it with wisdom and diligence], because the days are [filled with] evil.Ephesians 5:16 Amplified Bible (AMP)
So…after prayerful evaluation, here’s our list of priorities:
- Make disciples
- Teach God’s Word
- Strengthen and support our family in the faith
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,Matthew 28:19 & Luke 22:32 Amplified Bible (AMP)’
…” but I have prayed [especially] for you, that your faith [and confidence in Me] may not fail; and you, once you have turned back again [to Me], strengthen and support your brothers [in the faith].”
And, this is how we’ll be walking them out:
- Monday, Ellen supports – Breaking Strongholds – A safe place for recovery, restoration and freedom from fear, addiction, anger, depression, grief, codependency and anxiety. The group meets every Monday night at Rise Church, 5702 W Caldwell Ave, Visalia, California. Dinner is provided and fellowship starts at 6:00 pm. Group discussion begins at 6:30. Join us to experience the healing power of Christ who says, “ I am your only God, the living God. Wasn’t I the one who broke the strongholds over you and raised you up out of bondage? Open your mouth with a mighty decree; I will fulfill it now, you’ll see! The words that you speak, so shall it be!” _Psalm 81:10 (TPT)
Those of you who can’t attend the meetings can follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/trueFreedomINChrist/
- Tuesday, Dick teaches at – My Father’s House – a full life transitional program dedicated to taking individuals from homelessness and/or addiction to full time residency and employment. Visit the web site at http://www.myfathershousevisalia.com/
- Wednesday, Ellen shares – The Word Alive – a Bible Study for women. The group meets at 6:30 every Wednesday evening through August at Rise Church, 5702 W Caldwell Ave, Visalia, California. The only book you’ll need is your Bible. Every week is something new, so ladies can jump in anytime. You can find my book “The Word Alive” online in pdf format HERE.
- Wednesday, Dick moderates – ECHO – a small home group, focused on Bible study, prayer and fellowship. They meet from 7:00 to 8:00 every Wednesday evening through August in our home. It’s men only in this season, so feel free to send your guys on over.
- Other commitments include publishing the Contentment Cottage Blog and Facebook Page
- Saturday evenings we can usually be found at RISE Church. We attend the first of the three weekend services, which gives us Sunday to celebrate The Lord’s Day by resting up for next week.
Last week God presented us with two new opportunities to serve and support. Both extremely exciting! I’ll tell you about them “if and when” they unfold. “But aren’t you retired?” someone asked.
Not in God’s plan! Look at Psalm 103
103 Bless the Lord, O my soul;
and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the Pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5 who satisfies you with good as long as you live
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
In my Bible, Moses lived a fruitful life until he was 120, and Caleb was 85 when God gave him a whole new project. In God’s plan there is no such thing as slowing down or retiring. All He asks is that we pray about everything and follow His directions.
💜 CONTENTMENT COTTAGE 💜
“…be content with what you have. For God has said, “I will never, never fail you nor forsake you.” _Hebrews 13:5 TLB