Grace and peace on this first September Monday Dear Hearts ❤ Again today, as I spent quiet time with the Lord, Psalms 91 and 103 reminded me of God’s amazing love and mercy toward all of His children. I am a child of God.
- 1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].
- 2 I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!
- 3 For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
- 4 [Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.
- 5 You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,
- 6 Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.
- 7 A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you.
- 8 Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.
- 9 Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,
- 10 There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.
- 11 For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service].
- 12 They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.
- 13 You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot.
- 14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness—trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
- 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
- 16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.
- Psalm 91:1 The rich promises of this whole chapter are dependent upon one’s meeting exactly the conditions of these first two verses (see Exod. 15:26).
26 Saying, If you will diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord your God and will do what is right in His sight, and will listen to and obey His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases upon you which I brought upon the Egyptians, for I am the Lord Who heals you.Exodus 15:26 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition
Psalm 103 [A Psalm] of David.]
- 1 Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name!
- 2 Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits—
- 3 Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases,
- 4 Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption, Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy;
- 5 Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle’s [strong, overcoming, soaring]!
Read full chapter
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
💜 CONTENTMENT COTTAGE 💜
Contentment is not about getting what you want. Contentment is about wanting what you have. Grace & Peace 🕊