Am I important to God?
How important are we to God?
We could spend hours talking of His infinite love for mankind and for each one of us individually. (John 3:16) But, how important are you to God’s desires and purposes for the earth? Many Christians have failed to grasp the role we are called to play in extending God’s Kingdom and reaching the nations.
“We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain.”2 Corinthians 6:1
Do you see yourself working together with God? That is a pretty profound idea isn’t it? If you were working together with the head of a company, or a head of state, you would take that job very seriously. So why do we minimize our position in God’s plan?
“Who has saved us, and called us with an holy calling . . . according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.”2 Timothy 1:9
God has a purpose in the earth and that purpose involves you!
Being trapped in a religious mindset can leave us feeling unworthy and unequipped for anything more than survival until Jesus comes. God’s true intention is that we each work with Him in manifesting His love and power in the earth. He needs us!
Until we see ourselves as God sees us, we will continue to miss out on the incredible opportunity we have to work with God. Did you realize that He has limited Himself, in some degree, to working with and through men to accomplish His purposes? He has given this earth to man (Ps. 115:16) and is, in some ways, limited to our cooperation with Him.
We cooperate through believing prayer, faith filled words, being led by the Spirit and loving the lost. But when our lives become wrapped up in ourselves we once again have received His grace in vain. He has saved us and called us according to His purpose and grace. Don’t let the memories of who you used to be rob you of your heavenly calling and purpose.
He made Christ who knew no sin to [judicially] be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God [that is, we would be made acceptable to Him and placed in a right relationship with Him by His gracious loving kindness].2 Corinthians 5:21 & Isaiah 32:17 (AMP)
And the effect of righteousness will be peace, And the result of righteousness will be quietness and confident trust forever.
What More Could One Ask For?
I admit that I haven’t yet acquired the absolute fullness that I’m pursuing, but I run with passion into his abundance so that I may reach the purpose that Jesus Christ has called me to fulfill and wants me to discover. I don’t depend on my own strength to accomplish this; however I do have one compelling focus: I forget all of the past as I fasten my heart to the future instead. I run straight for the divine invitation of reaching the heavenly goal and gaining the victory-prize through the anointing of Jesus. So let all who are fully mature have this same passion, and if anyone is not yet gripped by these desires, God will reveal it to them. And let us all advance together to reach this victory-prize, following one path with one passion.Philippians 3:12-16 The Passion Translation
Promises for YOU, the Righteous of God in Christ.
The revelation of righteousness changes lives. Knowing your right standing before God makes all of the following promises a reality in your life. Guilt and condemnation will no longer rule over you, making you a slave.
- He lays up sound wisdom for the righteous: (Prov. 2:7)
- His secret is with the righteous. (Prov. 3:32)
- Righteousness delivers from death. (Prov. 10:2)
- The Lord will not suffer the soul of the righteous to famish. (Prov. 10:3)
- The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life. (Prov. 10:11)
- The labor of the righteous tends to life. (Prov. 10:16)
- The lips of the righteous feed many. (Prov. 10:21)
- The desire of the righteous shall be granted. (Prov. 10:24)
- The righteous has an everlasting foundation. (Prov. 10:25)
- The hope of the righteous shall be gladness. (Prov. 10:28)
- The righteous shall never be removed. (Prov. 10:30)
- The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way. (Prov. 11:5)
- The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them. (Prov. 11:6)
- The righteous is delivered out of trouble. (Prov. 11:8)
- To him that sows righteousness shall be a sure reward. (Prov. 11:18)
- Righteousness tends to life. (Prov. 11:19)
- The seed of the righteous shall be delivered. (Prov. 11:21)
- The desire of the righteous is only good. (Prov. 11:23)
- The righteous shall flourish as a branch. (Prov. 11:28)
- The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life. (Prov. 11:30)
- The righteous shall be recompensed in the earth. (Prov. 11:31)
- The root of the righteous shall not be moved. (Prov. 12:3)
- The thoughts of the righteous are right. (Prov. 12:5)
- The house of the righteous shall stand. (Prov. 12:7)
- The root of the righteous yields fruit. (Prov. 12:12)
- In the way of righteousness is life: and in the pathway thereof there is no death. (Prov. 12:28)
- To the righteous good shall be repaid. (Prov. 13:21)
- The righteous eats to the satisfying of his soul. (Prov. 13:25)
- Among the righteous there is favor. (Prov. 14:9)
- The evil bow before the good; and the wicked at the gates of the righteous. (Prov. 14:19)
- In the house of the righteous is much treasure. (Prov. 15:6)
- The way of the righteous is made plain. (Prov. 15:19)
- The heart of the righteous studies to answer. (Prov. 15:28)
- The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous. (Prov. 15:29)
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runs into it, and is safe. (Prov. 18:10)
- He that follows after righteousness and mercy finds life, righteousness, and honor. (Prov. 21:21)
- But the righteous gives and spares not. (Prov. 21:26)
- The righteous are bold as a lion. (Prov. 28:1)
- The righteous sing and rejoice. (Prov. 29:6)
- The righteous considers the cause of the poor. (Prov. 29:7)
Receive the gift of righteousness and start living! The abundant life begins when we have a heart understanding of righteousness.
💜 CONTENTMENT COTTAGE 💜
“…be content with what you have. For God has said, “I will never, never fail you nor forsake you.” _Hebrews 13:5 TLB